*Ahem. I was recently recognized by a blogger, Whose blog I enjoyed very much, and I am thereby obliged to make my own list of blogs which I feel deserve the Versatile Blogger Award, as well as thank said blogger for the award. I was so happy when you thought my blog deserved an award, you made me shit my pants. Seriously, those boxers went straight to the garbage. Not even gonna try and wash those things. Thank you, Joanna!
Now if I understand this award correctly, the versatile blogger is for a blog/blogger that flies under the radar yet is worthy of praise for its excellent content. As bloggers, we put ourselves out there and hope against hope that people will enjoy what we have to say. Often, our blogs will go unrecognized for days, weeks, months, years, lifetimes, light years, eons, decades, minutes, oops I’m going the wrong way, and it can be very frustrating. That is why it’s always nice to hear when someone thinks your blog is the shiznit.
The award contains 3 parts:
1. List seven things about yourself.
2. Thank the blogger who linked you and link them back.
3. Make your own list of blogs who you think deserve the award.
Seven things about me:
1. I write in four forms: for the screen, this blog, in narrative, and cat scratch, literally.
2. I have four cats, and every Saturday we have kitty Olympics where I pit them against each other, and sometimes myself, in various sporting events like: Sleeping, Tail Catching, Eating, Annoying the Shit of Me While I Am Trying to Work, Running Then Sleeping, Licking, and Being Scared.
Okay, so that was an exaggeration. But really I have one cat, and his name is Mr. Gold. I got him from a shelter about two months ago. He has a scar on his side and part of his ear is missing, but he has more personality than some people I know.
3. I do not like being cold. Being cold for me is one of the worst things that can happen to a person at any given time. I would rather be forced to watch this video below on loop for however long I am going to be cold for, than actually being cold for that period of time.
4. I am fixing up a motorcycle, and I just bought a one-speed fixie. I am trying to phase out my car so I can sell it. Two wheels everything, baby!
5. I do not practice moderation, I am incapable. For me, it’s all or nothing. This plays to my advantage in some things, but usually it just screws me over because I find most things not worth doing 100%, which is a very strange conundrum please don’t get me started on it.
6. I do not posses the ability to have a normal job. I can literally take nothing seriously, especially something as cliche as an office. So tell your friends about my blog! A new one is coming soon!
An example of me in an office:
Manager: Did you finish that report I asked you to do last week?
Manager: Can I have it?
Alex: Would you like to have something else instead?
Manager: No, I would like the report.
Alex: What about a smile? I have lots of those to give.
Manager: Get out of my-
Manager: You’re fi-
7. I’m a traveler. A nomad. A wandering soul. Help, help! I’m suffocating here!
For shits and giggles here is a picture of me. No I am not a lumberjack, this was just a temporary job. I was a volunteer for Americorps.
Now on to the Award:
The internet is incredibly saturated with legit information, misinformation, useless information (which I specialize in), and pictures of cats. None of these things are bad per say, but it makes it increasingly difficult for someone to break in and be heard over the thousands of other people screaming for attention.
I don’t claim to know how to be heard, but what I can say is why I like the blogs I like, and why I write my blog the way I do. I believe the ingredients for a good blog are as follows: originality, uniqueness, relatablility, and humor. I try for all of these, god knows I don’t always hit, but these traits are what make blogs interesting to read. Blogs come from a unique perspective with a unique voice, so they should reflect that. That being said, the blogs below show signs of these qualities, or I just fucking like them, or whatever.
And the Versatile Blogger Award goes to:
9 responses to “Show Some Love”
Congrats from a previous recipient.
A few thoughts… 1. I love that you said I made you “shit your pants.” While it can’t have been comfortable, I’m glad to hear it. 2. Your Kitty Olympics sounds fascinating. I’d like to enter Buster in an event, preferably one that involves eating.
But seriously, you’re hilarious! Love the blog.
Thanks, keep on living the dream, I know I am!
Woooo thanks a bunch! I was curious why I was getting a bunch of hits onto my site from you. I’ll be sure to return the favor linking you up.
And congrats on being one of the top posts on the “Humor” tag. I’m glad I found that post before it went mainstream. That makes me hip. Girls in over-alls will want to sleep with me now.
You the man!
Hey Smart Guy, glad you like Massless Particles, and thanks for the plug!
whoa! THE American sense of humour?
Thanks for the kind compliment! I am thrilled to have made your list. SG
Holy shit! How did I not know you gave me an award?!?! THANK YOU. Apparently I suck. I’m so sorry. You deserve so many awards as your content is funny, relevant and well… awesome. 🙂 Congrats on your award and the many more to surely come.